Keel Toys Ltd is committed to supplying beautiful soft toys to the consumer and toy safety is of paramount importance to us.
The European Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC covering “Products designed or intended, whether or not exclusively, for use in play by children under 14 years of age” comes into force on 20th July 2011. Key requirements include the reduction of tolerable limits or banning of certain substances, conformity of series production and traceability; we are confident our toys conform to these standards.
Our products are subjected to stringent testing, fully complying with: –
• EN71-1 Mechanical properties of toys
• EN71-2 Flammability of toys
• EN71-3 Heavy metal content of toys
• EN71-9 Organic Substances
• Azo colourants directive 2004/21/EC
• Cadmium content directive 91/338/EEC
We independently test in KOLAS or HKLAS accredited laboratories and valid test certificates and technical data files are freely available.